NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Vanderbilt soccer closes the SEC regular season road schedule on Thursday night at Mississippi State. Kickoff is slated for 6 p.m. and will be shown on SEC Network.
The Commodores will host divisional rival Florida on Sunday at 1 p.m. on SEC Network+.
- The Dores have a 19-3-0 edge over Mississippi State, dating back to 1995 when the series opened with a 1-0 shutout in favor of Vandy
- Last season, the Dores posted a 2-1 win over the Bulldogs with goals coming from Alex Kerr in the first half and Hannah McLaughlin in the final 15 minutes of the match
- The Bulldogs are second in the West, 9-3-3 overall
- Florida leads the all-time series with the Commodores 28-5-3 going back to a 2-0 Vanderbilt win in the first matchup in 1995
- Last season, Vanderbilt tallied their second-highest scoring performance of the season in a 5-2 defeat of the Gators in Gainesville
- The Gators are seventh in the East, 5-5-4 overall
Last Time on the Pitch
Freshman Ella Eggleston scored her fifth goal of the season to secure Vanderbilt’s 1-0 victory over Missouri on senior night Friday in Nashville. The victory marked the seventh shutout of the season and the first division win of the year for the Commodores.
Missouri had two opportunities to score in the second half. Mallory McGuire passed two defenders to send a strike on goal, but senior keeper Kate Devine deflected the ball to the 18-yard box where Kylee Simmons shot just wide to keep the match scoreless.
Eggleston checked back into the match in the 83rd minute and Vanderbilt put up two shots over the next minute but couldn’t connect. The Commodores earned their ninth corner kick of the game, and Abi Brighton served into the box to find Eggleston for the header into the back of the net in the 88th minute.
SEC Individual Rankings
Shutouts: Kate Devine; tied for third (6)
Combined Shutouts: Kate Devine; tied for third (2)
Points: Rachel Deresky; fifth (16)
Save Percentage: Kate Devine; sixth (.756)
Goals: Rachel Deresky; tied for sixth (6)
Saves: Kate Devine; seventh (34)
Saves per game: Kate Devine; seventh (2.27)
Assists: Rachel Deresky; tied for tenth (4)
Shots: Rachel Deresky; seventh (39)
SEC Team Rankings
Shutouts: tied for second (8)
Corners: third (94)
Points: fourth (81)
Assists: tied for fourth (25)
Goals: fifth (28)
Goals per game: sixth (1.87)
Shots: seventh (217)