Score: #24 Bryant 3, UAlbany 1
Location: Beirne Stadium in Smithfield, R.I.
Records: UAlbany (5-9-1, 1-3-1) | Bryant (12-1-2, 2-1-2)
Short Story: UAlbany men’s soccer scores a goal against the nation’s best defense, but falls at Bryant 3-1.
- Alejandro Giner scored his first career goal
- Bryant outshot UAlbany 12-3
- UAlbany took just one shot on goal
- Bryant won six corner kicks to UAlbany’s zero
Head Coach Trevor Gorman: “Our guys played very hard tonight. Bryant are a team made up of very mature, experienced players, and are nationally ranked as a result. We scored an excellent goal to get back to 1-1 but still just need to win those other pivotal moments in matches. We will continue to work hard and prepare for the next challenge.”
How it Happened
- The University at Albany men’s soccer team continued its late-season three-game road swing on Saturday with a visit to second-year America East program Bryant. The Bulldogs, through 14 games, had the best defense in the NCAA, conceding just three goals all season and recorded 11 shutouts.
- Bryant drew an early corner kick, just 16 seconds after the opening kickoff, and recorded the first shot of the game less than 30 seconds later. Bryant took three shots in the first 19 minutes, none of which were on target.
- The Bulldogs’ fourth shot of the game found the back of the net. After drawing a free kick, the serve to the far post was redirected to Javier Gandia. Gandia outreached UAlbany’s defense to push the ball into the open net to put the Bulldogs up 1-0 in the…