HUNTINGTON, W.Va. – The South Carolina men’s soccer team wraps up the regular season when the Gamecocks travel to 6th ranked Marshall Halloween night. Kickoff is set for 7:15 p.m.
Carolina’s seeding for the Sun Belt Conference Tournament will be determined following the match. The Gamecocks would currently be the No. 5 seed, but could jump to fourth with a win over the Thunder Herd and a loss or tie by James Madison. The top two seeds will host the first two rounds of the tournament.
Gameday Information – #WEareCarolina
When: October 31 | 7:15 p.m.
Where: Huntington, W.Va.
Venue: Hoops Family Field (1,006)
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
Series History: Marshall leads 13-5-1
Last Meeting: Marshall 3, South Carolina 1 | Oct 8, 2022 | Columbia, S.C.
South Carolina Gamecocks 5-7-3, 3-3-2 Sun Belt
Coach: Tony Annan | 3rd Season – 15-24-9
Goal Leader: 6 | Adam Luckhurst
Assist Leader: 3 | Mika Habel
Points Leader: 12 | Adam Luckhurst
Shots Leader: 28 | Ethan Dekel Daks
Saves Leader: 53 | Ben Alexander
#6 Marshall Thundering Herd 13-2, 6-2 Sun Belt
Coach: Chris Grassie | 7th Season
Goal Leader: 8 | Matthew Bell
Assist Leader: 10 | Matthew Bell
Points Leader: 26 | Matthew Bell
Shots Leader: 41 | Matthew Bell
Saves Leader: 33 | Gabriel Perrotta
Taking the Pitch
- This will be the 16th meeting between the Gamecocks and Thundering Herd.
- South Carolina is 2-6-1 all-time in Huntington.
- Carolina’s last victory came on Nov. 2, 2016 in Columbia.
- The two teams have met every season since 2005.
- The lone tie in the series came on Oct. 19, 2013, a 1-1 draw in Huntington.
- The Herd have out-scored the Gamecocks 31-19 in the series.
- South Carolina leads the nation in both cumulative and average attendance (4,306)
- Carolina has hosted three of the top seven highest attended on-campus NCAA men’s soccer home matches this season (#5 – Old Dominion, #6 – Jacksonville, #7 – UNCW).
- They also claim nine of the top 21 spots in highest attended home matches (#10 – Georgia State, #12 – USC Upstate, #13 – Queens, #14 – West Virginia, #20 – UCF, #21 – Coastal Carolina), along with their road match at Clemson ranking as #11.
- Only Clemson, Creighton and North Carolina have two matches in the top-20.
- South Carolina is the only program in the nation to have all of its home matches (10) rank in the top-50 for attendance.
- Jordan Illian scored the game-winner with 33 seconds left Friday vs Coastal Carolina.
- Illian notched a…