Score: Colgate 1, UAlbany 0
Location: Beyer-Small ’76 Field in Hamilton, N.Y.
Records: UAlbany (5-8-1) | Colgate (6-8-1)
Short Story: The UAlbany men’s soccer program closes out its regular season non-conference schedule with a defeat on the road at Colgate, 1-0.
- Parker Kump made his first career start and appearance as a Great Dane
- UAlbany outshot Colgate 10-4, including 4-0 in the second half
- Mohamed Soumah led UAlbany with three shots taken
- UAlbany drew five corner kicks to Colgate’s two
- Both teams combined to take three shots on goal
Head Coach Trevor Gorman: “Really disappointing result tonight because the performance was so good in many ways. We had control and were getting into great spots. But single moments can decide matches and we have to stop providing those to teams to see the wins that we want to work towards.”
How it Happened
- The University at Albany men’s soccer team, one game removed from its 500th victory in program history, kicked off a three-game road trip on Tuesday with a visit to its final non-conference opponent of the 2023 regular season, Colgate. The Raiders were the fourth Patriot League opponent on the Great Danes’ schedule this year.
- Offense came at a premium early in Tuesday’s game, but picked up as the half went on. By the end of the first 45 minutes, the two teams had combined for 10 total shots, but each team only managed one shot on target.
- The Great Danes outshot Colgate 4-0 over the first 26 minutes of the game, but Colgate took a 1-0 lead into halftime after successfully…