DURHAM – The eighth-ranked Duke men’s soccer team closes out the regular season on Friday night, taking on Virginia Tech at 7 p.m., at Koskinen Stadium. The game is available on ACC Network Extra, with Chris Edwards and Cedric Burke on the call. The Blue Devils will honor their graduating class pregame, with fans encouraged to arrive early for the Senior Day ceremony.
- Duke and Virginia Tech face off for the 25th time in program history.
- Friday night will be the fourth time in the last six seasons the Blue Devils close the regular season against the Hokies. Duke is 2-1 in the previous three instances.
- Duke finished off its first undefeated regular season since 1999 in last season’s matchup, winning 1-0. With a win on Friday, Duke can secure its best regular-season home winning percentage under John Kerr.
BY THE NUMBERS
11 – Different goal scorers for Duke so far this season, including multi-goal seasons for eight separate players.
20 – Straight regular-season games at Koskinen Stadium without a loss, the longest streak in the ACC.
104 – Total points tallied by Duke so far in 2023, an average of 7.43 per game.
12 – Goals for Forster Ajago, the most goals in a regular season by a Blue Devil since Mike Grella (13) in 2008.
ALL TO PLAY FOR IN THE ACC
- With one ACC matchday remaining, Duke’s seed in the ACC Tournament is still to be determined.
- Two of the four first-round byes have been clinched, while a third is extremely likely to have been secured.
- Duke, Virginia and Syracuse are vying for the final first-round bye, which guarantees hosting a quarterfinal.
- The Blue Devils need, at least, a win and a North Carolina victory at Virginia to remain in the hunt for the final bye.
- The Blue Devils went 7-0-3 at home in the regular season in 2022 and have remained undefeated at Koskinen Stadium so far in 2023, with a 8-0-1 (.944) record.
- Under John Kerr, Duke is 115-44-26 at home. The Blue Devils’ best season was 2009, going 12-1-0 (.923) at home.
EARLY BIRD GETS THE WORM